Information for Charities
Maryland Cares! Together We Can…
2018 Pledge Reports
Pledge result reports were mailed to charities receiving pledges from the 2018 Maryland Charity Campaign (MCC) in April 2019. America’s Charities is distributing the contributions from these gifts on a quarterly basis. You should expect to see the final disbursement in 2019.
2020 Charity Participation
Each year, charities must apply and be approved to participate in the MCC. The deadline for charities wishing to apply to the 2019 MCC was February 8, 2019. If your charity would like to participate in future Campaigns, please click here and submit your information. We will be in touch when the 2020 application is available.
Promote Your MCC Participation: Information for 2019 MCC Participating Charities Only
2019 MCC Fast Facts
See the email with the subject “Maryland Charity Campaign: Information You Need to Know,” sent on August 12, 2019, at 9 am ET.
- Charity Code: Your charity code is your Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Goal: $2.8 Million
- Theme: “Maryland Cares! Together We Can…”
- Dates: The Campaign runs October 8-December 17, 2019
Four Ways to Optimize Your Charity’s Promotional Efforts
We do our best to highlight your charity’s benefits and impact throughout the Campaign. Consider taking the following steps to maximize your promotional efforts reaching Maryland donors.
1. Educate donors about your charity, referencing your charity code/EIN, using every method you can
Help Maryland donors understand your mission and impact using every communication channel at your disposal. Channels could include your website, blog, newsletter, email signature, and social media including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Tumblr, Snapchat, your charity’s ambassadors, at events, etc. You may also download the Outreach Tool Kit (Word document) for turnkey messages that you can copy, edit as needed, and use in your promotion.
2. Use the Campaign hashtag #MCCMatters in social media posts to reach Maryland donors and join the collective conversation
When you use the hashtag, Maryland donors are more likely to see your posts, as are we. When we do, we will “like” and share your them with MCC’s audience on Facebook and Twitter to help boost your efforts.
3. Share your YouTube links for inclusion in our participating charity playlist
If you have one or more videos already uploaded to YouTube, send us your YouTube links, and we will add your videos to the 2019 MCC Participating Charity Playlist on MCC’s YouTube channel. We will promote this playlist, and the videos featured within, throughout the Campaign.
- To submit your links, email the links to email@example.com, with the email subject “2019 MCC Participating Charity Video”
- Please send us the exact YouTube URL(s)
- We can only add videos already on YouTube; we are unable to add mp4 files or Vimeo links
4. Leverage the MCC logo and graphics in your promotion
Include a graphic with each message to help your charity break through the noise online. In addition to utilizing the turnkey copy available in the Outreach Tool Kit, scroll down for the MCC logo, graphics, and the 2019 poster. You are welcome to use these in your communication materials.
MCC Logo + Theme Graphic
“I Gave” Graphic
Don’t see the information you need? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.