Information for Charities
2023 Campaign Details
The Office of the Secretary of State and America’s Charities, our 2023 Operating Agency, are busy planning this year’s Campaign. As details unfold they will be posted on this website, but here are some important early specifics to jot down:
- Campaign Dates: October 2-December 11, 2023. The virtual kickoff is on October 2 (watch your email for details to join us).
- Goal: $2 Million
- Your MCC Charity Code: is your Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Website: https://mcc.maryland.gov/
- The 2023 Campaign Theme: Leave No One Behind!
- Campaign Format: The campaign is virtual.
- The Campaign is administered by the Office of the Secretary of State.
- Governor Moore chairs and Lt. Governor Miller co-chairs the Campaign.
- The 2023 MCC Vice Chairs, appointed by Governor Moore, are: Secretary Anthony Woods, Department of Veterans Affairs, and Secretary Josh Kurtz, Department of Natural Resources
- America’s Charities is MCC’s Operating Agency, helping develop and facilitate the MCC, including charity disbursement. America’s Charities is a nonprofit which inspires employees and organizations to support each other and the causes they care about.
- Hundreds of employees across the State go above and beyond their day-to-day jobs to advocate for the MCC and ensure each employee is invited to give. The MCC would not be successful without Loaned Executives, Campus Champions, and Coordinators.
The 2023 MCC Charity Application Is Now Closed
Thank you to all the charities who submitted applications to participate in the 2023 Maryland Charity Campaign (MCC), https://mcc.maryland.gov/, the State’s workplace giving program. Participating in the 2023 MCC is your charity’s opportunity to receive unrestricted funds from State Employees and Retirees who contribute through the MCC.
Applications and corresponding documentation were due March 3, 2023.
Please note: Applications received after the deadline will not be processed.
Want to receive an email notification about the 2024 MCC Charity Application? If your charity would like to participate in future Campaigns, please complete the form below to be notified when the 2024 MCC application is available: https://forms.gle/MVurcewcWePtEBpm9
2022 Pledge Reports
Pledge results from the 2022 MCC were emailed to charities receiving pledges in May 2023. America’s Charities distributes the funds from these gifts on a quarterly basis. Final disbursements will be in 2024.
Our Help Desk is available to assist charities. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org; call 571-458-1072, and dial “1” when prompted; or submit your request online at www.charities.org/support. Please be advised that at times our Help Desk experiences unusually high volume, but they do read and reply to each and every email, call, and request, in the order it is received. We appreciate your patience as we work collaboratively to make the MCC a success!