Information for Charities
2022 Campaign Details
The Office of the Secretary of State and America’s Charities, our 2022 Operating Agency, are busy planning this year’s Campaign. As details unfold they will be posted on this website, but here are some important early specifics to jot down:
- Campaign Dates: October 3-December 12, 2022. The virtual kickoff is on October 3.
- Goal: $2 Million
- Your MCC Charity Code: is your Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Website: https://mcc.maryland.gov/
- The 2022 Campaign Theme: Mountain to Shore – Maryland Strong!
- Campaign Format: Two years ago, the MCC became virtual. We will have a virtual Campaign again this year. More details to come soon.
- The Campaign is administered by the Office of the Secretary of State.
- Governor Hogan chairs and Lt. Governor Rutherford co-chairs the Campaign.
- The 2022 MCC Vice Chairs, appointed by Governor Hogan, are:
- Jeannie Haddaway-Riccio, Secretary Department of Natural Resources
- Robert L. Green, Secretary, Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services
- America’s Charities is MCC’s Operating Agency, helping develop and facilitate the MCC, including charity disbursement. America’s Charities is a nonprofit which inspires employees and organizations to support each other and the causes they care about.
- Hundreds of employees across the State go above and beyond their day-to-day jobs to advocate for the MCC and ensure each employee is invited to give. The MCC would not be successful without Loaned Executives, Campus Champions, and Coordinators.
2022 Participating Charities: Please Complete Two Steps By June 30
Information is needed about your charity for our donors. Please check your inbox for the emails we sent on May 17 and June 13 with links to both the Google Form we ask you to complete, and the shared Google folder where you can upload your images. Please complete both steps no later than Thursday, June 30. We will leverage the details you provide on our website, via direct emails to donors, and across the MCC’s social media platforms throughout the Campaign. NOTE: If a hyperlink does not work, please copy and paste the URL into your browser.
Get Notified When the 2023 MCC Charity Application Is Ready
Please click here and complete the Google form to be notified when next year’s application is available. In mid-December 2022, we will email everyone who completed the form to let them know that the 2023 MCC charity application is ready and posted on this website.
2021 Pledge Reports
Pledge results from the 2021 MCC will be emailed to charities receiving pledges in April 2022. America’s Charities distributes the funds from these gifts on a quarterly basis. Final disbursements will be in 2023.
Our Help Desk is available to assist charities. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org; call 571-458-1072, and dial “1” when prompted; or submit your request online at www.charities.org/support. Please be advised that at times our Help Desk experiences unusually high volume, but they do read and reply to each and every email, call, and request, in the order it is received. We appreciate your patience as we work collaboratively to make the MCC a success!