Information for Charities
2023 Campaign Details
The Office of the Secretary of State and America’s Charities, our 2023 Operating Agency, are busy planning this year’s Campaign. As details unfold they will be posted on this website, but here are some important early specifics to jot down:
- Campaign Dates: October 2-December 11, 2023. The virtual kickoff is on October 2.
- Goal: $2 Million
- Your MCC Charity Code: is your Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Website: https://mcc.maryland.gov/
- The 2022 Campaign Theme: TBD later this summer
- Campaign Format: The campaign is virtual.
- The Campaign is administered by the Office of the Secretary of State.
- Governor Moore chairs and Lt. Governor Miller co-chairs the Campaign.
- The 2023 MCC Vice Chairs, appointed by Governor Moore, are: TBD later this summer
- America’s Charities is MCC’s Operating Agency, helping develop and facilitate the MCC, including charity disbursement. America’s Charities is a nonprofit which inspires employees and organizations to support each other and the causes they care about.
- Hundreds of employees across the State go above and beyond their day-to-day jobs to advocate for the MCC and ensure each employee is invited to give. The MCC would not be successful without Loaned Executives, Campus Champions, and Coordinators.
2023 Participating Charities: Please Complete Two Steps By June 30
Information is needed about your charity for our donors. Please check your inbox for the emails we are sending in June (June 5 and June 19) with links to both the Google Form we ask you to complete, and the shared Google folder where you can upload your images. Please complete both steps no later than Thursday, June 30. We will leverage the details you provide on our website, via direct emails to donors, and across the MCC’s social media platforms throughout the Campaign. NOTE: If a hyperlink does not work, please copy and paste the URL into your browser.
The 2023 MCC Charity Application Is Now Closed
Thank you to all the charities who submitted applications to participate in the 2023 Maryland Charity Campaign (MCC), https://mcc.maryland.gov/, the State’s workplace giving program. Participating in the 2023 MCC is your charity’s opportunity to receive unrestricted funds from State Employees and Retirees who contribute through the MCC.
Applications and corresponding documentation were due March 3, 2023.
Please note: Applications received after the deadline will not be processed.
2022 Pledge Reports
Pledge results from the 2022 MCC will be emailed to charities receiving pledges in May 2023. America’s Charities distributes the funds from these gifts on a quarterly basis. Final disbursements will be in 2024.
Our Help Desk is available to assist charities. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org; call 571-458-1072, and dial “1” when prompted; or submit your request online at www.charities.org/support. Please be advised that at times our Help Desk experiences unusually high volume, but they do read and reply to each and every email, call, and request, in the order it is received. We appreciate your patience as we work collaboratively to make the MCC a success!