Because we Leave No One Behind!
As a State employee, your every day work supports Maryland’s citizens and its neighbors in countless ways, and you’re not alone. The nonprofit community is with you, every step of the way.
Schools, healthcare facilities, parks, museums, places of worship–some of our most fundamental needs are met by nonprofits. At other times, the unseen hand of a charity is there, supporting and guiding us to a better life and healthier community, in ways large and small, and we may not even know it.
The generosity of employees and retirees who give through the MCC offer hope for charities as well as those that depend on their services. By donating to causes you love through the MCC, you not only support charities that matter to you personally – you also strengthen the sector, your community, and the world at large.
Please give today. Because we Leave No One Behind!
The MCC provides donors with the opportunity to reach out and touch the lives of those in need; to sustain local, state, national, and international health, educational, environmental, and human service organizations; and to make a meaningful contribution to your community. And it’s so much more:
- The MCC provides a single, coordinated appeal, rather than hundreds of individual drives.
- The MCC is the way for State employees and retirees to participate in a local effort to meet local, national, and international causes that mean the most to them.
- More than 900 charities are eligible for donations.
- Set it and forget it! Pledge now and pay in 2024. Payroll deductions make it easier to afford a more generous gift without hurting your bank account, since smaller contributions are taken from each paycheck rather than in one larger lump sum.
- Charities that receive MCC donations may devote their MCC funds to areas where they are needed most. That’s a value-add for the donor and the charity.
- Donations are aggregated before they are disbursed to charities, significantly reducing the administrative burden on designated charities, which no longer need to process thousands of individual payments.
- The Campaign uses a state-of-the-art workplace and employee giving platform designed with Maryland’s donors in mind. It is intuitive and user-friendly, and even better, it gives you the experience you want when giving to charity.
Six Reasons to Give Through the MCC
The MCC is a convenient, cost-efficient method to donate through the ease of payroll deduction, electronic check, or credit/debit card! The MCC also:
- Makes a difference: the community-at-large can identify the commitment of State employees and retirees, knowing that they are improving the quality of life for all Marylanders.
- Creates an opportunity: State employees and retirees may contribute to charitable organizations in an orderly and uniform process through one annual campaign.
- Gives you the power: you choose the amount and the charity or charities to receive your gift thus giving you the opportunity to contribute to one that touches your heart.
- Is accountable: all participating charities have been pre-screened to ensure that they are fiscally sound and that they perform the services stated.
- Is tax deductible: you get a record of your payroll deduction every payday.
- Is easy: you choose between giving one time or recurring, by payroll deduction, credit card, debit card, or electronic check.
How Your Donations Make an Impact
We asked our charities how they use contributions. This infographic is but a slice of what they told us. Bottom line: any amount, even one dollar a paycheck, can make a huge difference. Click here to open an expanded view.
So…why give? Because you can, and you care.
Click here to go back to the homepage. Get started by clicking “Give Now.”
Thank you for exemplifying our theme: Leave No One Behind!