Hear MCC Donors’ Giving Stories in Their Own Words
At a 2019 MCC Kickoff, we asked donors why they give through the MCC. We then compiled their short and inspiring video responses into the 2019 MCC Donor Stories Playlist. Click here or the picture below to see their videos.
The MCC provides donors with the opportunity to reach out and touch the lives of those in need; to sustain local, state, national and international health, educational, environmental and human service organizations; and to make a meaningful contribution to your community. And it’s so much more:
- The MCC provides a single, coordinated appeal, rather than hundreds of individual drives.
- The MCC is the way for State Employees and Retirees to participate in a local effort to meet local, national and international health and human care needs.
- Nearly 1,000 charities are eligible for donations.
- Pledge now and pay in 2020. Payroll deductions make it easier to afford a more generous gift, allowing you to make smaller contributions from each paycheck.
- Charities that receive MCC donations may devote their MCC funds to areas where they are needed most. That’s a value-add for the donor and the charity.
- Designated charities receive one check quarterly for multiple donations.
- Workplace giving donors give on average five times more since they are typically deducted from paychecks all year long, providing nonprofits with sustainable, unrestricted funds.
- The Campaign uses a state-of-the-art workplace and employee giving platform designed with Maryland’s donors in mind. It is intuitive and user-friendly, and even better, it gives Employees the experience they want when giving to charity.
Why Contribute Through the Maryland Charity Campaign (MCC)?
The MCC is a convenient, cost-efficient method to donate through the ease of payroll deduction, check, or credit card! The MCC also:
- Makes a difference: the community-at-large can identify the commitment of State Employees and Retirees, knowing that they are improving the quality of life for all Marylanders.
- Creates an opportunity: State Employees and Retirees may contribute to charitable organizations in an orderly and uniform process through one annual campaign.
- Gives you the power: you choose the amount and the charity or charities to receive your gift thus giving you the opportunity to contribute to one that touches your heart.
- Is accountable: all participating charities have been pre-screened to ensure that they are fiscally sound and that they perform the services stated.
- Is tax deductible: you get a record of your payroll deduction every payday.
- Is easy: you choose between regular payroll deduction, a one-time or recurring credit card contribution, or a one-time gift by check.