Because we are One Family One Hope #MDInThisTogether
As a State Employee, your everyday work supports Maryland’s citizens and its neighbors in countless ways, and you’re not alone. The nonprofit community is with you, every step of the way.
Schools, healthcare facilities, parks, museums, places of worship–some of our most fundamental needs are met by nonprofits. At other times, the unseen hand of a charity is there, supporting and guiding us to a better life and healthier community, in ways large and small, and we don’t even know it.
This year, in particular, charities are relying on us to help them continue their critical work. The COVID-19 pandemic has certainly affected all of us, but nonprofits have indelibly suffered.
For most charities, demand for their programs and services surged just as they were forced to cancel important fundraising and partner development events. Click here to learn the ways charities participating in the 2020 Maryland Charity Campaign are supporting coronavirus relief efforts.
But there is good news. YOU are the good news.
By donating to causes you love through the Maryland Charity Campaign, you not only support charities that matter to you personally – you also strengthen the sector, your community, and the world at large.
Please give today. YOU are the reason we say we are One Family One Hope #MDInThisTogether.
The MCC provides donors with the opportunity to reach out and touch the lives of those in need; to sustain local, state, national, and international health, educational, environmental, and human service organizations; and to make a meaningful contribution to your community. And it’s so much more:
- The MCC provides a single, coordinated appeal, rather than hundreds of individual drives.
- The MCC is the way for State Employees and Retirees to participate in a local effort to meet local, national, and international health and human care needs.
- Nearly 1,000 charities are eligible for donations.
- Pledge now and pay in 2021. Payroll deductions make it easier to afford a more generous gift, allowing you to make smaller contributions from each paycheck.
- Charities that receive MCC donations may devote their MCC funds to areas where they are needed most. That’s a value-add for the donor and the charity.
- Designated charities receive one check quarterly for multiple donations.
- Workplace giving donors give on average five times more since they are typically deducted from paychecks all year long, providing nonprofits with sustainable, unrestricted funds.
- The Campaign uses a state-of-the-art workplace and employee giving platform designed with Maryland’s donors in mind. It is intuitive and user-friendly, and even better, it gives you the experience you want when giving to charity.
Hear MCC Donor Giving Stories in Their Own Words
At last year’s kickoff, we asked donors why they give through the MCC. We then compiled their short and inspiring video responses into the MCC Donor Stories Playlist. Click here or the picture below to hear what they have to say.
Six Reasons to Give Through the MCC
The MCC is a convenient, cost-efficient method to donate through the ease of payroll deduction, check, or credit card! The MCC also:
- Makes a difference: the community-at-large can identify the commitment of State Employees and Retirees, knowing that they are improving the quality of life for all Marylanders.
- Creates an opportunity: State Employees and Retirees may contribute to charitable organizations in an orderly and uniform process through one annual campaign.
- Gives you the power: you choose the amount and the charity or charities to receive your gift thus giving you the opportunity to contribute to one that touches your heart.
- Is accountable: all participating charities have been pre-screened to ensure that they are fiscally sound and that they perform the services stated.
- Is tax deductible: you get a record of your payroll deduction every payday.
- Is easy: you choose between regular payroll deduction, a one-time or recurring credit card contribution, or a one-time gift by check.
How Your Donations Make an Impact
We asked our charities how they use contributions. This infographic is but a slice of what they told us. Bottom line: any amount, even one dollar a paycheck, can make a huge difference. Click here to open an expanded view.
So…why give? Because you care. Click here to go back to the homepage. Get started with the “Give Now” button.