Shining a Spotlight on MCC’s Charities
The 2020 MCC was entirely virtual, which meant we didn’t host in-person charity fairs. Instead, each week of the Campaign, we shone a spotlight on the MCC’s causes that help improve our world in myriad ways.
Throughout the 2020 MCC, we featured every single participating charity—all 1,000 of them—listing them based on their IRS groupings. We featured each charity only once, but keep in mind that most charities address more than one cause.
Below is the calendar of causes. Once you find your favorite, take note of which month it appears, then:
- Click here to view October causes.
- Click here to view November causes.
- Click here to view December causes.
- Environmental Quality, Protection, and Beautification
- Science and Technology Research Institutes, Services
- Arts, Culture, and Humanities
- Public, Society Benefit – Multipurpose and Other
- Mutual/Membership Benefit Organizations, Other
- Mental Health and Crisis Intervention
- Health – General and Rehabilitative
Oct. 26-Nov. 1
- Human Services – Multipurpose and Other
- Food, Agriculture, and Nutrition
- Educational Institutions and Related Activities
- Youth Development
- Crime, Legal-Related
- Public Safety, Disaster Preparedness and Relief
- Housing, Shelter
- Community Improvement, Capacity Building
- Medical Research
- Diseases, Disorders, and Medical Disciplines
Nov. 30-Dec. 6
- International, Foreign Affairs, and National Security
- Employment, Job-Related
- Civil Rights, Social Action, and Advocacy
- Social Science Research Institutes, Services
- Religion-Related, Spiritual Development
- Recreation, Sports, Leisure, Athletics
- Philanthropy, Volunteerism, and Grantmaking Foundations
You can click here to download the above cause calendar. To learn more about a specific charity, such as its focus area or MCC Charity Code, click here. Or, check out the Giving Guide for the comprehensive list.