State Employees are giving people and want to contribute. Helping others is rewarding and as a Maryland Charity Campaign Loaned Executive you see first hand how we help others-THAT FEELING WILL LAST FOREVER.
Department of Business and Economic Development
What Can $1/Day Do?
- 1,300 pounds of food that can be distributed to people in need – this translates to 838 meals to hungry Marylanders across the state
- A daily snack for an abused child in an afterschool program
- Nine hours of addiction counseling for two women
- Five weeks of a women’s support group
- Parent-child field trip for 20 families at risk of dissolution
- Follow-up work site visits for eight developmentally-challenged people
- Enough to raise and transplant 5,200 pollution-filtering oysters
- Twenty-one 4’ native trees that can be planted as a streamside buffer
- 100 prepared meals served in a homeless shelter
- Support for ten senior citizens so they don’t have to choose between food and medicine